Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Baby Nursery: Charming DIY Decor


This incredibly charming baby nursery was created by Camilla Jones for her little girl. The theme is birds, muted colors and soft creamy fabrics - most everything has been recovered or is a DIY project. The elements are personalized and most everything has a story or personal touch behind it. Wall color is Pearl Grey by Wal-mart Colorplace.

Read more about the nursery at Rosy Red Buttons. Camilla also shares on her blog how to create the board and batten look for about $60! Camilla says, "The theme of the nursery was Birds. Originally I wanted a little more vintage feel, but it ended up coming out really delicate and clean, which I also love. I found the big cage at The Salvation Army and spray painted it white. The other little ones my friend found at Michaels for $1 and used them to decorate my shower. Love them! Gray ribbon is from the dollar store, pink from Hobby Lobby, and the little birds are from the dollar store. The shelf is a shelf my dad built for me to go over my window in the bedroom when I was 15 or so. It's been repainted to creme."

The tutorial for the bird mobile is found here.



Lamp shade tutorial found here.






Canvas panels 16 x 20 inch (pack of 6) Kolcraft Light Vibes Rocking Bassinet, Bennett
Canvas panels 16 x 20 inch (pack of 6) Kolcraft Light Vibes Rocking Bassinet, Bennett
20" WHITE BIRDCAGE CARD HOLDER Wilton Reception Gift Card Holder, White
20" WHITE BIRDCAGE Wilton Bird Cage, White
  http://designdazzle.blogspot.com/2011/03/baby-nursery-charming-diy-decor.html

No comments:

Post a Comment